As you start to plan where you want to live in retirement, perhaps you’re thinking, “I’m too young and active for senior living right now.” Many people mistakenly believe that senior living communities are only for people who are advanced in age or have health problems. However, independent living communities are designed for young and active seniors who don’t plan to slow down anytime soon.
You might be surprised by how many younger, active seniors are choosing independent living so they can take full advantage of the activities and amenities offered in a community setting.
Benefits of Independent Living
Independent living communities have everything you need for a healthy and fulfilling retirement lifestyle. Plus, you’ll enjoy the benefits of an active lifestyle for your physical, social and emotional health. And the sooner you move, the more you have to gain from choosing independent living in a senior living community. Here are just a few of the many benefits of independent living:
- Maintenance-free living. One of the biggest perks of senior living is the maintenance-free lifestyle that frees you from the worry and expense of taking care of a home. Just imagine how much time you’ll have to do the things you love when you don’t have to mow the lawn, cook dinner, or do the dishes!
- An active lifestyle. It’s easy to stay active when there’s a fitness center right outside your door with convenient access to fitness classes, wellness opportunities and healthy living.
- Life-enriching amenities. Senior independent living communities offer a full calendar of events and activities right outside your door. From art classes to lifelong learning activities like clubs, classes and programs, you’ll find the inspiration to live life to the fullest.
Senior Wellness Opportunities at The Heritage
With numerous studies demonstrating the benefits of wellness programs for older adults, it’s clear that a well-rounded lifestyle can help you stay healthy and energized at any age. Moving to a community with a comprehensive wellness program can provide the motivation you need to take wellness to the next level.
At The Heritage at Brentwood®, our whole-person wellness program integrates eight dimensions of wellness: physical, social, emotional, intellectual, vocational, spiritual, environmental and health services. Here are some of the ways our community is designed to support senior wellness and encourage healthy choices every day:
- Fitness opportunities. Our HealthyLife® Center at The Heritage offers fitness classes, an indoor pool, personal fitness training, day spa, massage room and more. You’ll find countless ways to get fit and stay active — and have fun while doing it!
- Healthy meal options. Our culinary team creates balanced menus featuring delicious flavors from around the world, including a variety of nutritious meals prepared with organic and sustainable ingredients.
- Engaging social activities. A lively social environment provides opportunities to meet new people and expand your social circle. Planned activities make it easy to connect with peers who share your interests. You might attend a special event in our 300-seat auditorium, participate in a bocce ball tournament, or join a book club, just to name a few choices.
- Taking care of your health. It’s easy to stay on top of your health with convenient access to preventive screenings and assistance in obtaining health services as needed.
Active Seniors Are Drawn to Independent Living
Want to learn more about independent living at The Heritage? Let us show you the warm hospitality and wonderful opportunities that await you in a community that truly values your health and happiness. Contact us today to learn more about our senior living community in Brentwood, Tennessee!