Are you looking for a vibrant place to start your next chapter in retirement? From an eclectic music scene to rich cultural experiences and outdoor attractions, you’ll find a world of opportunities for fun and fulfillment in Brentwood, just 16 miles outside of Nashville, TN. It’s the perfect location for retirement if you’d like to be surrounded by exciting places and engaging people — a place where an active lifestyle just happens naturally.
When you explore senior living at The Heritage at Brentwood®, you’ll see why our retirement community is an attractive retirement destination for active seniors — and a great place for family and friends to come visit! The culture of Nashville revolves around music, art, food, live entertainment, and so much more. We’ve put together a list of 12 fun activities for seniors in and around Nashville:
Things to do in Nashville:
- Nashville Symphony. Spend an evening out on the town and take in a Nashville Symphony concert at the Schermerhorn Symphony Center. This leading orchestra performs a variety of genres and entertains audiences with extraordinary live orchestral music experiences.
- Country Music Hall of Fame Museum. This museum is home to a stunning collection of diverse musical works, vintage costumes and country music memorabilia. Plan your visit to the Country Music Hall of Fame and reserve tickets for upcoming songwriter sessions and special events.
- Sights and sounds of Nashville. Explore the city from multiple vantage points, including a walking tour, trolley ride, or a horse and carriage ride through downtown Nashville.
- River cruise. Book a ticket on the General Jackson Showboat, a river cruise offering food, entertainment and spectacular views of the city.
- Beer and bourbon. Get an inside look at famous craft breweries and distilleries in Nashville when you take a tour of Tennessee’s Whiskey Trail.
- Legendary BBQ. Give your taste buds a treat when you visit the best BBQ joints in Nashville. Experience genuine low-and-slow BBQ paired with Southern hospitality and the colorful atmosphere Nashville is known for.
Activities and Attractions near Brentwood:
- Hiking and biking. Enjoy hiking and biking at Brentwood’s 46-acre River Park, with easy access to the Brentwood Trail System.
- Outdoor concerts. Take in the Brentwood Summer Concert Series at Crockett Park in Brentwood, where you can sit back and relax or tap along to familiar tunes.
- Antique shopping. Explore the historic downtown Franklin, TN, for unique shopping at antique shops, historic sites, an art deco theater, and more.
- Local farms and vineyards. Local farms offer tours, activities, wagon rides and more. Visit a baby goat petting zoo or a strawberry patch with the grandkids. Or plan a special outing to explore Nashville wine country’s best vineyards and wineries.
- Farmers markets. Stop by the Franklin Farmers Market and Nolensville Farmer’s Market for a wonderful assortment of fresh produce, sweet treats, and more. Meet local artisans with booths featuring unique artwork, handcrafted jewelry, and gifts.
- Hunting for sportsmen. The Archery Den in Franklin offers a unique indoor archery range as well as guided hunting trips. It’s a great time to start planning your next adventure!
A Retirement Destination You’ll Love
If you’re looking for the perfect retirement community where it’s easy to live an active lifestyle, you’ll love the perks of living in Brentwood. The Heritage at Brentwood® offers the best of both worlds, with convenient access to the cultural attractions of Nashville plus a host of opportunities to have fun, stay fit, meet new people, and learn new things right on campus. Check out more area attractions and discover countless ways to live a life you love at The Heritage.