As a senior today, you belong to the first generation with multiple options for retirement living. If your children or another loved one is assisting you with making the decision to live at The Heritage, it’s important for all of you to understand every option. The Heritage offers a commitment to your well-being and independence as well as an assurance of health care if ever needed. That benefits everyone in the family. Check out whereyoulivematters.com for additional unbiased, research-based resources to help you make smart, confident decisions. http://www.whereyoulivematters.com/
We’re here to help provide you with the facts to get you started. Below are answers to some of your most important questions.
You’ve probably heard the term Life Plan Community, but what does it mean? Life Plan Communities, formerly known as CCRCs, provide residential living for today’s independent, active seniors and most offer some type of on-site health care for the future. What exactly is provided, along with the terms and conditions for accessing care, differ depending on the type of community? These same communities are now referred to as Life Plan Communities since more and more seniors recognize the value of securing future care while seeking access to an active lifestyle. That active lifestyle includes services as well as social, educational, cultural, and fitness opportunities that can maintain and enhance a person’s health to help minimize the need for future care. Less emphasis on “care” and more emphasis on “living” is the reason the name of this category of retirement community is changing.
Here’s a snapshot of the benefits offered by a LifeCare® (Type A) Life Plan Community such as The Heritage at Brentwood — the most complete in terms of a continuum of care with the highest financial risk mitigation benefit:
- Unlimited days of care in the on-site health care center
- A full continuum of care at a quality, on-site health center in a private suite
- The initial cost may be perceived as higher, but only a Type A community like The Heritage mitigates the risk of paying for long-term care at market rate, with the confidence of a Return-of-Capital® Plan
- Part of the monthly fee may qualify as a medical expense tax deduction
- Amenities, dining, services, and maintenance-free living included
A Type B Life Plan Community offers a modified plan:
- Covers specified long-term health services at a discounted rate or a number of “free days” which then may increase to near or at market rate
- Included health services set over a period of time without a substantial increase in the monthly fee
- Amenities, dining, services, and maintenance-free living included
Here’s what Fee-for-Service (Type C) Life Plan Communities offer:
- Financial flexibility with initially lower costs, but with healthcare paid out-of-pocket as needed, typically at significantly higher market rates
- Health services not covered in either the entry fee or monthly fee
- Typically allow outside admissions directly into the Health Center for short-term rehab, long-term assisted living and skilled care
- Amenities and dining included; some services may be offered at an additional charge
To familiarize yourself with more terminology, visit our Terms.
The Heritage at Brentwood is managed by Life Care Services®, a leader in all aspects of senior living, specializing in communities like The Heritage for over four decades. Through our many years of experience, we know that the word security means different things to different people. For some, it’s feeling physically safe in their environment. For others, it’s knowing friends are nearby. Sometimes it’s the relief and confidence of having a solid financial plan for the future—a plan that includes quality health care. Like all of our communities, The Heritage is designed to make you feel secure in every way. That includes a safe, tight-knit community that offers many opportunities to form deep and lasting friendships. It also includes our LifeCare® program, allowing you to customize your living accommodations and transfer to the appropriate level of care—such as skilled nursing—at virtually no additional cost, providing you a feeling of financial security and peace of mind about future care.
When choosing a senior living community, it’s critical to find out who manages the community and to consider their reputation. The Heritage at Brentwood is managed by Life Care Services®, An LCS ® Company. Life Care Services leads the way in senior living with over 40 years of proven experience. This innovative leadership brings passion and performance through strong financial stewardship and lifestyle-centered services as well as high-quality health services in communities as unique as the individuals who live in them.
The best senior living value combines a package of services and amenities with access to health care and long-term care—all for one entrance payment. At a LifeCare® community such as The Heritage, residents pay for services and healthcare in a predictable monthly fee rather than on an expensive a la carte basis.
Many communities also offer a choice of financial plans that refund a percentage of the entrance payment to you or your estate, depending on your preference. Simply put, this type of community gives you more value for your dollar without sacrificing peace of mind.
Your move-in coordinator will make sure you have all the information you need to make smart decisions about the sale of your home. Through Moving Station® and The Home Sale Program™, you’ll be able to:
- Choose a real estate agent from a highly skilled group of professionals to ensure you are getting the best representation
- Choose an agent who is a good “fit” for you, as you’ll receive two independent opinions and ultimately choose the agent and strategy that works best for you
- Utilize the expertise of your Moving Station® real estate counselor to work with you and your agent throughout the process
Your Moving Station® real estate counselor will recommend that at least two agents visit with you before you make a listing decision. Each agent will complete a Comparative Market Analysis (CMA) for your home, a free analysis that gives you an understanding of the current real estate market and how it impacts the sale of your home.
Additionally, the move-in coordinator provides recommendations for professional organizers and planners as well as movers.
Organizing and simplifying your household is a great way to focus on life’s most important aspects. That’s why experts who specialize in organizing and eliminating clutter are in demand.
The move-in coordinator will recommend a professional organizer/planner who can provide hands-on assistance preparing for the transition process, overseeing the details on moving day, and getting settled into your new home. An organizer/planner can help you with space planning, packing, move coordination, document management, unpacking and arranging, effective storage, and decorating.
We promote a personal, attentive, secure approach to helping you become integrated into your new home and life at The Heritage. Each new resident is greeted by a resident Welcoming Committee member who introduces them to the community by personal invitations to dining and events. Every resident of The Heritage also has the opportunity to choose, participate in, and schedule how services are structured and delivered. The choice, control, and flexibility found at every Life Care Services’ community comprise our all-important LifeSTYLE Promise®. This means:
- A resident chooses where and when to dine each day — even in our health center.
- Housekeeping services are scheduled at times that best fit the residents.
- Social, recreational, and cultural activities are planned based on the preferences of the residents.