COVID-19 Ongoing Preparedness
At The Heritage at Brentwood, the health and well-being of residents and team members is our highest priority. Although we are excited to be returning to a new-normal, where residents, guests and team members are able to fully enjoy activities, amenities and services across our campus, we continue to take proper prevention and preparedness steps related to COVID-19.
What is The Heritage at Brentwood doing to prepare for any incidence of COVID-19?
We know that this disease most dramatically impacts older adults – the people we serve. We will continue to follow infection control guidance from the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC), CMS (Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services) as well as our local and state health agencies.
Protecting the health and safety of our residents and employees remains our top priority, and we are requiring employee COVID-19 vaccinations to ensure we stay true to that focus. As new highly transmissible COVID-19 variants persist, we believe the COVID-19 vaccination is essential to protecting our residents and employees.
We continue to be steadfast in taking every precaution to protect the community from the spread of COVID-19. Employees continue to wear masks and undergo screenings at the start of each shift. LCS’s newest signature experience, EverSafe 360°, also demonstrates our passionate commitment to providing an industry-leading experience focused on enhancing the well-being, security, and safety of residents and employees.
- With EverSafe 360° – the new standard of senior safety – we are raising the bar to reimagine and innovate the way we live and work together, taking proactive measures to elevate the standard of safety for seniors.
- LCS has established a Medical Advisory Board, which consists of a team of interdisciplinary experts, including physicians and scientists who specialize in epidemiology, mental health, infectious disease and indoor air quality.
- We are connecting with our local and state health agencies on a regular basis.
- Those who do enter, including all team members, are screened to inquire whether they have any symptoms or potential known exposures. They are not allowed to enter if they answer yes to any of these questions.
- We continue our focus on infection control and prevention, following the guidelines from the CDC.
- We continue to actively monitor and report respiratory illnesses across our organization.
- We are regularly sharing updated information on COVID-19 with our residents and others in the communities that we serve.
- We have an emergency operations plan in place should we need to implement it.
Through it all, we have focused on providing the experiences Life Care Services® communities are known for. We remain dedicated to serving our seniors, first and foremost, and we’ve adapted to the challenges in today’s world to ensure that never changes.
We recognize the big moments. Big moments deserve to be recognized, no matter what’s going on outside our doors. That’s why we’re taking time to celebrate the big moments in residents’ lives, like birthdays and anniversaries. If family and friends are unable to travel to celebrate with us, we have the technology to support virtual celebrations where needed. We love to enjoy life at The Heritage at Brentwood, and we can always find something to celebrate.
We honor daily routines. We know residents have missed the little moments in the day that brought people together and are enjoying the opportunity to safely come back together again.
We appreciate each other’s company. Now, more than ever, we know what it’s like to have to spend time away from loved ones, and we appreciate the opportunity to bring families and friends together. The smiles, the laughter ringing through our community – it can’t be beat. It’s hard to be apart from friends and family, and as we once again have the opportunity to gather, we are thankful. But technology has given us dozens of ways to turn life’s moments into wonderful virtual experiences. We recognize the activities residents typically look forward to and have the power to mold these opportunities into virtual or socially-distanced events, providing the opportunity for meaningful connections daily, if ever necessary.
We encourage physical and mental wellness. Staying active – both physically and mentally – is essential to emotional well-being. We’ve adapted our offerings to include both in-person and online exercise classes, we continue to offer opportunities to invest in hobbies – new and old, and we are dedicated to helping our residents stay active and connected, no matter what’s going on outside our doors.
Rest assured, at The Heritage at Brentwood, Experience is Everything. We remain inspired by the many ways our community team ensures residents feel connected and cared for as we all learn to adjust to this “new normal.”